Risk and Reliability Analysis for Infrastructures
Instructor: Langousis Andreas, Economou Polychronis
Course code: R16101
- Review of basic principles in probability theory and statistics. Quantification of uncertainty and risk in Civil Engineering.
- Propagation of uncertainty. Functions of random variables and vectors. Conditional uncertainty analysis. Reliability index and its calculation based on second moment properties of random vectors.
- Estimation of distribution parameters: method of least squares, method of moments, maximum likelihood estimation.
- Multiple linear regression, non-linear models, generalized linear models.
- Reliability analysis: Censored and truncated observations, hazard and reliability functions, mean residual lifetime, Cox Models.
- Statistical process control charts.
- Application of the developed concepts and methods in Civil Engineering.