Experimental Methods in Earthquake Engineering
Instructor: Bousias Stathis
Course code: A16013
- Basic knowledge for designing an experimental campaign scope of the testing, etc.
- Dimensional analysis, similitude requirements, true and distorted models, scaled tests
- Testing methods: static, dynamic, hybrid, artificial excitation
- Principles of designing test set-ups, planning and preparation.
- Servohydraulic testing systems: loading systems (actuators, servovalves, pumps), system control (control theory, PID control, etc)
- Sensors. Principles of operation, sensor characteristics, sensor mounting. converters
- Data collection, data acquisition (hardware and software), data analysis and presentation
- Structural monitoring, in-situ artificial vibration testing,
- Lab exercises, Term project