Instructor: Petropoulou Eugenia
Course code: R16113
- Dimensional analysis.
- Curvilinear coordinate systems.
- Nonlinear systems of ordinary differential equations (equilibrium points, stability theory).
- Perturbation methods and boundary layer analysis.
- Wave solutions of partial differential equations (travelling waves, standing waves, shock waves, solitons).
- Green functions.
- Implementation of the theoretical and approximate methods relevant to the the abovemen-tioned topics, using symbolic packages (e.g. Mathematica or MUPAD of Matlab).
- Applications to civil engineering problems, such as nonlinear oscillations problems, problems in fluid mechanics, etc.