Deep Supported Excavations – Deep Foundations
Course code: 6207
- Importance of deep supported excavations and deep foundations in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Types of deep supported excavations: diaphragm walls, pile walls, Berlin walls and sheet pile walls.
- Types of lateral supports: tiebacks and internal bracing.
- Analysis and design based on target performance (ground displacements and effects on adjacent structures in urban environments).
- Types of deep foundations: piles and caissons.
- Transfer mechanism of loads to surrounding soil.
- Pile testing.
- Analysis and design of single piles and pile groups under vertical and lateral loading.
- Analysis and design of pile rafts.