Geology for Civil Engineers
Instructor: Koukouvelas Ioannis, Papoulis Dimitrios, Depountis Nikolaos
Course code: 5204
- Structure and composition of the Earth interior. Petrogenetic minerals-physical properties. Characteristic features and identification of magmatic, sedimentary and metamorphosed rocks.
- The geologic time scale.
- Elements of the Geology of Greece.
- Earthquakes and the earth interior. - Earthquake related
- Deformation of rocks- active faults, ground hazards related to earthquake activity.
- Earthquake planning and protection.
- Engineering characteristics of geomaterials (soils and rocks)
- Influences of the geomaterial geological characteristics on engineering work design and construction