Analysis of Framed Structures
Instructor: Karabalis Dimitrios
Course code: 5401
- Idealization of structural systems and their supports.
- Free-body diagram and equations of equilibrium.
- Stable and unstable structures, staticaly determinate and indeterminate structures.
- Symmetric structures with symmetric and antisymmetric loading, superposition.
- Analysis of staticaly determinate structures: Three-hinge frames, trusses, beams, frames.
- Calculation of internal forces and moments-construction of diagrams.
- The elastic line equation.
- The portal-frame method.
- The principle of virtual work.
- The unit-load method and its application to trusses, beams and frames.
- The Betti-Maxwell reciprocity theorem.
- Influence lines-Determination of peak internal loads.
- Analysis of staticaly indeterminate structures.
- Calculation of displacements of statically inditerminate structures.
- Approximate methods of analysis.