Instructor: Perdiou Angela
Course code: 5302
- Roots of nonlinear equations using successive approximation methods (Newton-Raphson, Secant, Taylor, Muller).
- Real and complex roots of polynomials (Bairstow method).
- Systems of nonlinear algebraic equations (Newton-Raphson method).
- Systems of linear algebraic equations (Thomas algorithm, Gauss Elimination, Crout and Cholesky methods).
- Eigenvalue problems (Power and Krylov methods). Curve fitting (Lagrange interpolating polynomials, Finite differences, Aitken acceleration, Least Squares method, use of Cubic Splines). Numerical integration (Trapezoidal rule, Romberg formula, Newton-Cotes algorithms, Gauss quadrature).
- Numerical differentiation (High-accuracy differentiation formulas, use of interpolation polynomials).
- Ordinary differential equations of boundary-value problems (Taylor, Euler, Midpoint and Runge-Kutta methods). Applications using FORTRAN programming and MATLAB software.