Instructor: Stiros Stathis
Course code: 5305
- Introduction to Geodesy and applications of Geodesy in various fields of Civil Engineering.
- Fundamental concepts and history of Geodesy.
- Current trends.
- Basic surveying instruments and procedures for the measurement of distances, angles and height differences -tapes, theodolites and tacheometry, levels and spirit leveling, electronic distance measurements.
- Introduction to the theory of measurements and of errors.
- Laws of error propagation.
- Accuracy and precision, statistics, error ellipses, implications for planning and evaluation of field surveys.
- Introduction to the theory of Least Squares and to network adjustments.
- Field applications.