Instructor: Petropoulou Eugenia
Course code: 5301
- Basic notions of ODEs. 1st order ODEs (ODEs with separable variables, ODEs with homogeneous coefficients, linear ODEs, Bernoulli equations, exact ODEs, ODEs that can be reduced to exact), orthogonal trajectories.
- Linear ODEs of higher order, homogeneous and nonhomogeneous, with constant or nonconstant coefficients. Euler ODEs. Boundary value problems and eigenvalue problems.
- Systems of ODEs (Reduction to one ODE, diagonalization method).
- Fourier series.
- Basic notions of PDEs. General solutions for special classes of PDEs (D’Alembert's solution, the method of characteristic equation).
- Solution of PDEs using the separation of variables method.
- Laplace transform and its application to the solution of ODEs and PDEs.
- Fourier transform and its application to the solution of ODEs and PDEs
- Use of MuPad at the laboratories for the solution of problems regarding the above mentioned topics.