Computer Aided Structural Analysis
Instructor: Makris Nicos, Favvata Maria
Course code: 5801
- Introduction to the Finite Element Method. Line elements (axial members and beams) and surface elements (shells and plates).
- Analysis of 3-D structures, “exact” and “approximate” models.
- Reduction of degrees-of-freedom, symmetry and antisymmetry, method of substructures, static condensation.
- Static and dynamic analysis of structures with computers.
- Introduction to commercial FEM programs for structural analysis (SAP, ETABS, ANSYS, etc).