Pavement Construction and Maintenance
Instructor: Beskou Niki
Course code: 5823
- Vehicle and traffic, traffic loads, equivalent axial loads.
- Excavation and earth moving, geomaterials, machinery and productivity.
- Foundation soil, stabilization and improvement methods.
- Pavement materials, aggregates, asphalt, concrete, material testing.
- Flexible and rigid pavement design, granular, base and asphalt or concrete layers.
- Construction of road excavation and embankments, cut and cover method.
- Pavement maintenance and rehabilitation.
- Concrete structures, earth retaining walls.