Environmental Building Design
Instructor: Tsirigoti Dimitra
Course code: 5951
- European EPBD directive and national legislation. The NZEB building.
- Regulation of Energy Performance Building and International Standards (ASHRAE, Passive House, etc.) / Introduction to Thermodynamics. Heat, Thermal Balance.
- Energy Planning. Climate Parameters / Thermal comfort - Calculations, Specifications, Standards, Regulations.
- Conventional, Bioclimatic Design and Implementation Methodology.
- Building Fabric. Thermal insulation. Elimination of thermal bridges. Air tightness, implementation of ISO 13829.
- Frames, Glass, Specification (ISO EN 673, ISO EN 410, ISO EN 10077-2) and placement.
- Heating and Cooling. Overheating during the Summer.
- Ventilation and indoor air quality, Mechanical ventilation with energy recovery.
- Energy balance. Software Calculations and Simulation. The use of RES in NZEB buildings.
- The cost of construction.
- Energy Retrofits in existing buildings: Regulations and Practices.
- Technical specifications for buildings energy efficiency measurements, Thermography, Air Tightness Test. Building certification. Application examples.