Repair and Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Structures
Instructor: Dritsos Stefanos
Course code: 5914
- Basis of Redesign of Structures, Eurocode No 8, classification of damages due to earthquakes.
- Decision making for structural intervention, Redesign procedures.
- Strategies and methods for repair and seismic strengthening of reinforced concrete structures.
- Infilling walls, steel or concrete bracing, addition of R.C. wings walls, Reinforced concrete jackets, steel jackets, addition of new cement based layers, gluing of steel or FRP plates.
- Mechanisms of load transfer between old and new added materials, models for redimensioning.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of interventions.