Nonlinear Structural Analysis
Instructor: Sfakianakis Manolis
Course code: 5941
- Methods for solving nonlinear equations (incremental method, direct substitution, Runge-Kutta, initial stiffness, Newton-Raphson).
- Geometric nonlinearity of truss and beam elements of frame structures considering moderate and large displacements (P-Δ).
- Material nonlinearity: Analysis of R/C sections, interaction diagrams for bending with axial load, moment-curvature diagrams under constant axial load.
- Nonlinear analysis of R/C sections and beam structural elements under cyclic loading.
- Plastic hinge models for beam elements of frame structures.
- Applications: inelastic static pushover analysis and time history analysis of structures under seismic loads. Use of computer codes: SAP2000, ETABS Nonlinear, BIAX and MINOS.