Design and Repair of Masonry Structures
Instructor: Karantoni Triantafilia
Course code: 5810
The course is essentially an introduction to the course taught during the 9th semester entitled: “Design and redesign of masonry structures”. The lectures focus on the following topics:
- The types of masonry, masonry units and masonry systems, their characteristics and their mechanical properties according to EC6.
- Non destructive methods for inspecting and monitoring existing masonry structures.
- Arches, domes and vaults, construction, load bearing capacity, trust lines, damage and repairing methods.
- Types and pathology of modern greek masonry buildings.
- Confined and reinforced masonry, construction details and verification according to EC6.