Design of Special Concrete Structures
Instructor: Maraveas Chrysanthos
Course code: 5913
- Bridge elements and design principles
- Design actions on bridges: traffic and seismic actions
- Deck types: prefabricated girders, slab on fixed formwork, balanced cantilevers with prefabricated or cast-in-place segments, incremental launch
- Design of piers and abutments, capacity design of piers and their components according to Eurocode 8
- Introduction - Basic principles.
- Materials, Types of prestressing, prestressing systems.
- Prestressing losses (immediate and long term).
- Analysis of prestressed structures.
- Indeterminate structures.
- Design for Serviceability Limit State Design for Ultimate Limit State.
- Design in Shear and Torsion.
- Synthesis of prestressed structures (selection of cross-section, determination of prestressing force, analysis employing the equivalent loading method, selection of tendon profile).
- Detailing of anchorage regions.