Advanced Mechanics of Materials
Instructor: Sfakianakis Manolis
Course code: 5911
- Generalized Hooke’s Law for elastic solids.
- Isotropic – anisotropic – homogenous – non-homogenous materials.
- The Saint-Venant principle. The exact theory of stress analysis for straight and curved beams under tension, torsion and bending. Beams on elastic foundations.
- Simple problems of 2-D elasticity (prismatic wall elements under hydrostatic pressure, thick-walled cylinders under internal and external uniform pressure, stress concentration at the boundary of perforations in plates under plane stress).
- Simple problems of beams on elastic foundation, 2-D and 3-D elasticity (thick-walled spheres under internal and external uniform pressure, torsion theory of circular beams).
- Theory and simple applications of thin plates and shells.