Instructor: Kaleris Vasilios
Course code: 5604
- Hydrologic cycle.
- Hydrologic budget.
- Precipitation, methods of measurement, observation networks, analysis of precipitation data, areal precipitation, intensity-duration-return period curves.
- Evaporation and evapotranspiration, methods of measurement, methods of calculation.
- Stream flow, discharge measurements.
- Characteristics of storm period hydrographs.
- Unit hydrograph, derivation of unit hydrographs, estimation of precipitation losses, S-hydrograph and lagging methods, synthetic methods of unit hydrographs.
- Frequency analysis: concepts of probability, types of probability distributions, frequency factors.