Design of Steel Structures
Instructor: Karavasilis Theodoros
Course code: 5602
- Introduction to the design of steel framed structures.
- Dead, live, snow, wind and seismic loads on structures.
- Load combinations.
- Elastic analysis of framed structures including imperfections.
- Elastic stability analysis of frames and critical load determination by finite elements.
- Elastic 2nd order analysis of frames and P-δ and P-Δ phenomena.
- Determination of effective buckling length.
- Design of beam to column connections and column bases.
- Design of steel trussed roofs.
- Design of industrial and building steel framed structures.