Instructor: Manariotis Ioannis
Course code: 5605
- Introduction to wastewater treatment.
- Wastewater flowrates, characteristics and impacts of sewage and wastewater, and disposal regulations.
- Principles of applied microbiology and microbial metabolism.
- Preliminary treatment (screens and communitors, grit removal, flow equalization) and primary treatment (sedimentation, physico-chemical treatment).
- Biological wastewater treatment (activated sludge, trickling filters, rotating biological contactors).
- Natural wastewater treatment (stabilization ponds, constructed wetlands).
- Advanced treatment (removal of nitrogen, phosphorus and organic compounds).
- Anaerobic wastewater treatment.
- Sludge treatment and disposal.
- Wastewater disinfection.
- Onsite wastewater disposal.
- Sewers corrosion