Instructor: Pelekis Panagiotis
Course code: 5603
- Flow of water in soils, Flow nets, Anisotropic soils. Discharge, pore pressures and seepage forces. Seepage effects and control.
- Bearing capacity theory, factors affecting bearing capacity.
- Lateral earth pressures, active and passive conditions, methods of computation. Factors affecting earth pressures.
- Slope stability, methods for homogeneous and layered soils, Taylor’s Method, methods of slices, effect of groundwater flow.
- Geotechnical explorations.