Telephone: +30 2610 996535, 6534
Fax: +30 2610 996573
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Ioannis Manariotis was born in Koiladha Argolidhas (1966). He holds a Diploma in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras (1990), and received a Doctorate Diploma in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras (2000). He is Assistant Professor (since 2013) in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras.
He was employed as an Environmental Engineer by Western Greece Region (2001-2009). 1992-95 and 1996-98: Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 2001-2008: Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras , and 2009-2013: Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras..
Dr. Manariotis is the author (Scopus Author ID 6506601790
) of 35 peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals, 1 chapter in refereed book, and 60 articles in conference proceedings publications. He has participated in 8 research projects funded be the European Union and national funds, and he is principal investigator of 1 research project.
His main research interests are in the areas of environmental engineering with emphasis on wastewater treatment and disposal, fate and transport of colloids and nanoparticles in porous media, physicochemical processes, and advanced oxidation processes.
View here the CV
of Ioannis Manariotis
- Aravantinou, A.F., Theodorakopoulos, M.A., and Manariotis, I.D. (2013). "Selection of Microalgae for Wastewater Treatment and Potential Lipids Production."Bioresource Technology, 147, 130-134. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2013.08.024
- Anagnostopoulos, V.A., Manariotis, I.D., Karapanagioti, H.K. and Chrysikopoulos, C.V. (2012). "Removal of Mercury from Aqueous Solutions by Malt Spent Rootlets."Chemical Engineering Journal, 213, 135-141. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2012.09.074
- Yiannopoulos, A.C., Manariotis, I.D. and Chrysikopoulos, K.V. (2008). "Design and Analysis of a Solar Reactor for Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment." Bioresource Technology, 99 (16), 7742-7749, doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2008.01.067.
- Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G.(2006)."Municipal Wastewater Treatment Using Upflow Anaerobic Filters." Water Environment Research, 78 (3), 233-242, doi:10.2175/106143005X90029.
- Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G.(2006). "Anaerobic Filter Treatment of Municipal Wastewater: Biosolids Behavior." Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE), 132(1), 23-31, doi:10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(2006)132:1(23).
- Hiras, D.N., Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G. (2004). "Organic and Nitrogen Removal in a Two-Stage Rotating Biological Contactor Treating Municipal Wastewater." Bioresource Technology, 93 (1), 91-98, doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2003.06.005.
- Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G. (2002). "Low-Strength Wastewater Treatment Using an Anaerobic Baffled Reactor." Water Environment Research, 74 (2), 170-176, doi:10.2175/106143002X139884.