Telephone: +30 2610 997240
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Economou Polychronis was born in Athens in 1978. In 2001 he received his degree in Mathematics from the University of Ioannina and then ,in 2003, his M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA). In 2007 he completed his doctoral thesis entitled "Heterogeneity Models in Lifetime Data Analysis" at the NTUA.
During his postgraduate studies he was teaching the laboratory partsof undergraduate and postgraduate courses in School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Science in the NTUA. The academic year 2007-2008 he undertook the teaching of the postgraduate course "Statistical linear models" of the Interdepartmental Program of Postgraduate Studies "Mathematical Modelling in Modern Technologies and Financial Engineering" (NTUA). In 2008-2010 he worked as aassociating researcher in the Technological Educational Institutions of Patras and Chalkida. From June 2010 until September 2013 he was employed as a Lecturer in "Statistics "at the Department of Engineering Science, University of Patras. Since September 2013 he is a Lecturer at the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras.
He is the author or co-author (http://scholar.google.gr/citations?user=axfBnEEAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
) of more than 15 articles in refereed international journals and proceedings of international conferences. He is also co-author of the book entitled "Statistical Regression Models".
His main research interests rest in the areas of Survival and Reliability Models, Diagnostic Tests and Biased Sampling and Weighted Distributions.
the personal webpage of Economou Polychronis.
- P. Economou and M. Stehlik. On small samples testing for frailty through homogeneity test, Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation. DOI: 10.1080/03610918.2013.763982.
- P. Economou. Modelling Survival Data Using Mixtures of Frailties.Statistics.47(2), 453-464, 2013.
- P. Economou and G. Tzavelas. Sample Tests for Detection Of Size-Biased Sampling Mechanism. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 42(18), 3280-3295, 2013.
- P. Economou. On Model Selection in the Case of Nested Distributions - An Application to Frailty Models. Statistical Methodology. 8, 172-184, 2011
- P. Economou and C. Caroni. Graphical Tests for the Assumption of Gamma and Inverse Gaussian Frailty Distributions, Lifetime Data Analysis, 11, 565-582, 2005.