Telephone: +30 2610 997778
Fax: +30 2610 997778
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Fillitsa (Triantafyllia) Karantoni was born in Amaliada, Ilias. She got her Diploma Degree as well as her Doctoral Degree from the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Patras. She is Assistant Professor on Masonry Structures at the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Patras.
She is the author of a book on Masonry Structures and of over 50 papers in scientific journals and congress proceedings in the areas of seismic response and repairs of masonry structures which are the areas of her research activity as well. As a member of research teams, she was involved in the study of the seismic behavior and vulnerability of structures. Apart from teaching at University, she has also given plenty of lectures related to seismic damage and repairs of structures as well as the Eurocode 6.
She was member of the Board of Directors of Earthquake Planning and Protection Organization, Greece from 2011 to 2106. She is also member of the scientific committee of the Code for Intervention on Masonry Structures and the of national committees of Eurocode 6 and 5 as well.
- F. V. Karantoni, M.L Papadopoulos, S. J. Pantazopoulou “Simple Seismic Assessment of Traditional Unreinforced masonry Buildings” International Journal of Architectural Heritage. Vol. 10, Iss. 8, 2016.
- F.V. Karantoni, S. J. Pantazopoulou, « Review of Seismic Assessment Procedures Proposed for URM Traditional and Heritage Structures», Int. Congress Structural Analysis of Historical Constructions, Leuven, Belgium, 2016
- F.V. Karantoni, S. J. Pantazopoulou, “Towards the development of a seismic assessment framework for URM structures”, 16 World Congress on Earthquake Engineering, Santiago, Chile, 2017
- F.V. Karantoni, S. J. Pantazopoulou, “European procedures for seismic assessment of URM structures” 13th Canadian masonry Symposium, Halifax, Canada, 2017
- F. V. Karantoni, D. N. Sarantitis, Seismic Behavior of Masonry Buildings After Interventions of the Load Bearing System, REHABEND 2018, Caceres, Spain, 2018
- Karantoni, Fillitsa, Pantazopoulou, Stavroula, Ganas, Athanasios, “Confined Masonry as a low Cost Seismic Construction Alternative – The Experience from the 2014 Cephalonia Earthquake” Front. Struct. Civ. Eng., 2018, Volume 12, Issue 3, pp 270–290, DOI 10.1007/s11709-017-0390-1
- F. V. Karantoni, S J Pantazopoulou,” Performance of Confined Masonry of 1953 during the 2014 Cephalonia Earthquake” 7th Int. Conf. Structural Engineering Mechanics and Computing, SEMC2019, Cape Town, South Africa, 2019
- S. I Pardalopoulos, F. V. Karantoni, S. J. Pantazopoulou “Practical assessment of the seismic behavior of a confined masonry system”, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 2019, Volume 127, , DOI 10.1016/j.soildyn.2019.105831
- F. V. Karantoni, D. N. Sarantitis, “Interventions to structural system of masonry buildings and their effects to their seismic response”, The Open Construction and Building Technology Journal, 2019, DOI 10.2174/187483680191301009