Telephone: +30 2610 996566
Fax: +30 2610 996154
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Dr. Manolis G. Sfakianakis was born in Athens (1962). His degrees include: Diploma (1985) and Ph.D. (1990) in Civil Engineering, all from the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras.
He was employed as Civil Engineer in Athens (1985-1993), as Lecturer (1993-1998) and Assistant Professor (1998-present) in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras.
He has written three books and lecture notes for the lesson courses he teaches at the University of Patras. He is the author or co-author of about forty articles in refereed international journals and books, international and Greek conference proceedings. He isalso the co-author of ten technical reports of funded research projects in which he participated as a member of the research team or as the principal investigator. He is a member of international and Greek scientific associations.
His main research interests are in the area of computer applicationsin design of reinforced concrete and unreinforced masonry structures. In particular, his research interests are focused on the development of nonlinear analytical models for the prediction of the seismic behavior of structural members, strengthened or not.
- SFAKIANAKIS, M.G., FARDIS, M.N., Bounding Surface Model for Cyclic Biaxial Bending of RC Sections, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, Vol. 117, No. 12, Dec. 1991, pp. 2748-2769.
- SFAKIANAKIS, M.G., FARDIS, M.N., Nonlinear Finite Element for Modeling Reinforced Concrete Columns in Three-Dimensional Dynamic Analysis, Journal of Computers and Structures, Vol. 40, No. 6, 1991, pp. 1405-1419.
- HATZIGEORGIOU, G.D., BESKOS, D.E., THEODORAKOPOULOS, D.D., SFAKIANAKIS, M.G., Static and Dynamic Analysis of the Arta Bridge by Finite Elements, Journal of FactaUniversitatis, Series: Architecture and Civil Engineering, 1999, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 41-51.
- HATZIGEORGIOU, G.D., BESKOS, D.E., THEODORAKOPOULOS, D.D., SFAKIANAKIS, M.G., A Simple Concrete Damage Model for Dynamic FEM Applications, 2001, Int. Journal of Computational Engineering Science, Vol. 2, pp. 267-286.
- SFAKIANAKIS, M.G.,Biaxial bending with axial force of reinforced, composite and repaired concrete sections of arbitrary shape by fiber model and computer graphics, Journal of Advances in Engineering Software, 2002, Vol. 33(4), pp. 227-242.
- M. G. SFAKIANAKIS, A. E. FARANTOS, H. A. AGELOPOULOU & D. E. BESKOS, Application of a Damage Model for Seismic Analysis of Historical Masonry Structures, 8th Int. Symp. on the Conservation of Monuments in the MediteranianBasin, May 31 - June 2, Patras, 2010.
- M. G. SFAKIANAKIS, Computation of Yield and Failure Surfaces for Biaxial Bending with Axial Force of Reinforced Concrete Sections with Jackets, 15th WCEE, Lisbon, Portugal, Sept. 24-28, 2012, CD-ROM proc.