Telephone: +30 2610 996588
Fax: +30 2610 997694
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Dr. Stathis Bousias holds a diploma in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras (1985), MSc degree in Civil Engineering from Case Western Reserve University (1987) and PhD degree from the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Patras (1993). Prof. Bousias has spent several years in R&D at the European Laboratory for Structural Assessment (ELSA) at the JRC, Ispra (IT), as well as at the Portuguese National Laboratory of Civil Engineering (LNEC), the Dynamics Laboratory of ISMES Institute (1995) and (during sabbatical leave) at the University of Trento.
Prof. Bousias has authored one book, authored/co-authored 8 chapters in books, 27 articles in refereed journals, more than 73 articles in international/national conference proceedings (http://scholar.google.gr/citations?user=wflt-oIAAAAJ). He is member of national and international scientific associations and reviewer for 24 international journals. He is also member of the Working Party: Design examples for the application of Strut-and-Tie models in fib’s WP2.2.4: Strut-and-tie modeling. He serves on the editorial board of the Structural Engineering International journal of IABSE and is member of the Board of the International Association of Experimental Structural Engineering (ΙΑΕSΕ).
He specializes in the experimental testing of structures and development of testing techniques, the design/retrofitting of reinforced concrete structures and the resilience of industrial plants under accidental actions.
He has been the principal investigator in 22 research projects (national & European) and participated in other 23 projects.
- Palios, X., Fardis, M., Ε. Strepelias, Bousias, S. (2017) “Unbonded brickwork for the protection of infills from seismic damage”, Engineering Structures, 131, 614–624, doi:10.1016/j.engstruct.2016.10.027
- Bousias, S., Sextos, A., Kwon, O-S., Taskari, O., Elnashai, A. Evangeliou, N., Di Sarno, L. (2017) Intercontinental Hybrid Simulation for the assessment of a three-span R/C highway overpass, Journal of Earthquake Eng., doi:10.1080/13632469.2017.1351406
- N. Stathas, Palios, X., Ε. Strepelias, Fardis, M., Bousias, S., and Sarkis, A. (2017) “Dry-jointed precast concrete frame on rocking or fixed footings under cyclic lateral loading”, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 15(11), 4915-4938, doi.org/10.1007/s10518-017-0151-5
- N. Stathas, N., Bousias, S.N., Palios, X., Ε. Strepelias, Fardis, M.N. (2017) “Tests and simple models of RC frame subassemblies for postulated loss of column”, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001951
- Stathas, N., Bousias, S.N., Palios, X., Strepelias, E. and Fardis, M.N., (2017) “Continuous one-way RC slabs with sinking outer support: Tests and simple model”, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001887
- Stathas, Ν., Karakasis, Ι., Strepelias, Ε., Palios, Χ., Bousias, S. and Fardis, N. (2019) “Tests and analysis of RC building, with or without masonry infills, for instant column loss”, Engineering Structures Volume 193, 15 Pages 57-67, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2019.05.015