Telephone: +30 2610 996588
Fax: +30 2610 997694
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Dr. Stathis Bousias holds a diploma in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras (1985), MSc degree in Civil Engineering from Case Western Reserve University (1987) and PhD degree from the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Patras (1993). Prof. Bousias has spent several years in R&D at the European Laboratory for Structural Assessment (ELSA) at the JRC, Ispra (IT), as well as at the Portugese National Laboratory of Civil Engineering (LNEC), the Dynamics Laboratory of ISMES Institute (1995) and (during sabbatical leave) at the University of Trento.
Prof. Bousias has authored one book, authored/co-authored 4 chapters in books, 23 articles in refereed journals, more than 60 articles in international/national conference proceedings (http://scholar.google.gr/citations?user=wflt-oIAAAAJ
). He is member of national and international scientific associations and reviewer for 24 international journals. He is also member of the Working Party: Design examples for the application of Strut-and-Tie models in fib’s WP2.2.4: Strut-and-tie modeling. He serves on the editorial board of the Structural Engineering International journal of IABSE and is member of the Board of the International Association of Experimental Structural Engineering (ΙΑΕSΕ).
He specializes in the experimental testing of structures and development of testing techniques, the design/retrofitting of reinforced concrete structures and the resilience of industrial plants under accidental actions.
He has been the principal investigator in 19 research projects (national & European) and participated in other 23 projects.
- Koutas, L., Bousias, S., and Triantafillou, T. (2014). "Seismic Strengthening of Masonry-Infilled RC Frames with TRM: Experimental Study." ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, doi:10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.0000507
- Skafida, S. Koutas, L. and Bousias, S.N. (2014) Analytical modelling of masonry infilled RC frames and verification with experimental data," Journal of Structures, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 216549, doi:0.1155/2014/216549.
- Bousias, S.N. (2014) Hybrid Simulation of Stiff Structures: Overview and Current Advances, Journal of Structures, Article ID 825692, doi:10.1155/2014/825692.
- Koutas, L., Triantafillou, T. and Bousias, S. (2014) Analytical Modelling of Masonry-Infilled RC Frames Retrofitted with Textile Reinforced Mortar, ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.000055.
- Papalou, A. Strepelias, Roubien, D., Bousias, S., Trintafillou, T. (2015) Seismic Protection of Monuments Using Innovative Techniques, Journal of Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 77(2015) 360–368, doi:10.1016/j.soildyn.2015.06.004.
- N. Stathas, N., Skafida, S., Bousias, S., Fardis, M., Digenis, S., Palios, X. (2015) Hybrid Simulation of Bridge Pier Uplifting, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, Special Issue: “Large scale and on-site structural testing for seismic performance assessment”, doi: 10.1007/s10518-015-9822-2