Telephone: +30 2610 997655
Fax: +30 2610 997711
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Associate Professor Athanasios P. Chassiakos was born in Amphissa (1964). He holds a diploma in Civil Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (1988), a M.Sc. (1990) and a Ph.D. degree (1992) in Civil Engineering from the University of Minnesota, U.S.A. He has joined the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Patras in 1995 as a Lecturer and since 2008 he is an Associate Professor.
He is the author or co-author of two books and over 60 scientific publications in international journals and conference proceedings while he has participated as an invited speaker in international conferences. He has been a researcher or principal investigator in 15 funded research projects. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the journals Advances in Engineering Software and Recent Patents on Computer Science and has been a member of the Editorial Board of several international conferences. He is member of national and international scientific associations and a reviewer in 14 international journals. He has been awarded for his doctoral dissertation and for published work.
He currently serves as the Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Patras. He has been the Director of the Graduate Program of the Hellenic Open University in Engineering Project Management for several years.
His main research interests are in the areas of risk management in construction, information and communication technologies in construction, optimization of project planning and scheduling, artificial intelligence application in construction management, economic evaluation of projects and investments, and life-cycle management of highways.
- Chassiakos, A.P., Konstantinou, E. and Moschonas, N. (2013). “Optimizing the impact of pavement maintenance decisions on road network sustainability”, Invited lecture presented at the 3rd International Conference on Soft Computing Technology in Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, Cagliari, Italy.
- Panagopoulou M. and Chassiakos A.P. (2012). “Optimization model for pavement maintenance planning and resource allocation”, Transportation Research E-Circular, E-C163, pp 25-38.
- Zamparas N. and Chassiakos, A.P. (2011). “An e-hub architecture for the construction industry”, Proceedings of the Sixth International Structural Engineering and Construction Conference (ISEC-6), Zürich, Switzerland.
- Patrinou A.G. and Chassiakos, A.P. (2010). “Development of a risk assessment system for construction projects”, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Engineering Computational Technology, Valencia, Spain, paper 90.
- Chassiakos, A.P., and Sakellaropoulos, S.P. (2008). “A web-based system for managing construction information”, Advances in Engineering Software, 39, pp. 865-876.
- Chassiakos, A.P. (2007). “The use of information and communication technologies in construction”, Invited lecture presented at the 11th International Conference on Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering Computing, St. Julians, Malta.
- Chassiakos, A.P. (2006). “Longest path time-cost analysis of construction projects with generalised activity constraints”, Operational Research. An International Journal, 6 (3), pp 271-281.
- Chassiakos, A.P., and Sakellaropoulos, S.P. (2005). “Time-cost optimization of construction projects with generalized activity constraints”, ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 131 (10), pp.1115-1124.
- Chassiakos, A.P., Panagolia, C. and Theodorakopoulos, D.D. (2005). “Development of a decision support system for managing highway safety”, ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, 131 (5), pp. 364-373.
- Theodorakopoulos, D.D., Chassiakos, A.P. and Beskos, D.E. (2004). “Dynamic effects of moving load on a poroelastic soil medium by an approximate method”, International Journal of Solids and Structures 41 (7), pp. 1801-1822.
- Sakellaropoulos, S.P. and Chassiakos, A.P. (2003). “An integrated information management system for the construction industry”, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction, Rome, Italy.
- Chassiakos, A.P. and Stephanedes, Y.J. (1993). “Smoothing Algorithms for Incident Detection”, Transportation Research Record 1394, pp. 8-16.