Telephone: +30 2610 996520, 6599
Fax: +30 2610 996572
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Alexander C. Demetracopoulos was born in Kyparissia Messenias in 1952. He holds the Diploma of Civil Engineer from the School of Civil Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (1975). He is a licensed Civil Engineer in Greece. He also holds a M.Sc. in Civil Engineering (1977) and a Ph.D. (1981) from the University of Minnesota. He is Professor of Civil Engineering, since 1995, at the University of Patras.
He served as Assistant Professor (1980-1986) and Associate Professor (1986-1987) at Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, before joining the University of Patras where he served as Assistant Professor (1987-1990) and Associate Professor (1990-1995) prior to his election to the rank of Professor.
He has served as Chairman of the Department (1999 – 2003, 2007-2011 and 2013-2015) and as Dean of the School of Engineering (2003 - 2006).
He is the co-editor of the proceedings of five international conferences and has published over sixty five papers in international journals and proceedings of international conferences (http://scholar.google.gr/citations?hl=en&oi=ao&user=-e9IeCQAAAAJ
). He has also written approximately twenty five technical reports and has prepared instruction books for the courses he teaches at the University of Patras. He has been principal or co-principal investigator for a number of funded research programs. He serves as reviewer for several scientific journals and is member of national and international scientific societies and committees.
His principal research interests lie in the areas of environmental hydraulics and computational hydraulics, as well as in the field of flow and mass transport in aquifers and through sanitary landfills.
the CV of Prof. A. Demetracopoulos.
- Koutrouveli Th.I., Fourniotis N.Th., Demetracopoulos A.C., Dimas A.A. (2014). “Numerical simulation of turbulent flow in open channel with groynes”, Intl. Conf. Fluvial Hydraulics, "River Flow 2014", A. Schleiss et al. (Eds.).
- Galani K.A., Fourniotis N.Th., Demetracopoulos A.C., Dimas A.A., «Three-dimensional turbulent flow over bed dunes of finite width», Proc. 6th Inl. Symposium Environmental Hydraulics, Vol. 2, G.C. Christodoulou and A.I. Stamou (eds.), CRC Press, Athens, Greece, 23-25 June, 2010.
- Dimas A.A., Fourniotis N.Th., Vouros A.P., Demetracopoulos A.C.,“Effect of bed dunes on spatial development of open-channel flow”, J. Hydraulic Res., IAHR, Vol. 46, No. 6 (2008), pp. 802–813.
- Yannopoulos P.C., Demetracopoulos A.C. and Hadjitheodorou C., «Quick Method for Open - Channel Discharge Measurements Using Air Bubbles”, J. Hydr. Eng., ASCE, Vol. 134, No. 6, June 2008.
- Fourniotis N.Th., Toleris N.E., Dimas A.A., Demetracopoulos A.C., “Numerical computation of turbulence development in flow over sand dunes”, Proc. 16th IAHR-APD Congress, Vol. III, C. Zhang and H. Tang (eds.), Tsinghua University Press, Nanjing, China, October 20 – 23, 2008.
- Fourniotis N.Th., Dimas A.A., Demetracopoulos A.C., “Spatial development of turbulent open channel flow over bottom with multiple dunes”, Proc. Intl. Conf. Fluvial Hydraulics, Lisbon, 6-8 Sept. 2006, River Flow 2006, Ferreira R.M.L., Alves E.C.T.L., Leal J.G.A.B., Cardoso A.H. (eds.), Taylor & Francis, London, 2006.
- Yannopoulos P.C., Demetracopoulos A.C., Hadjitheodorou Ch., "Algebraic functions for turbulent kinetic energy and dissipation rate in open channel flows ", Proc. XXX IAHR Congress, J. Ganoulis and P. Prinos (eds), Thessaloniki, Greece, August 2003.
- Demetracopoulos A.C., Hadjitheodorou Ch., Yannopoulos P.C., "Water hammer in brancing pipes ", Proc. XXX IAHR Congress, J. Ganoulis and P. Prinos (eds), Thessaloniki, Greece, August 2003.