Telephone: +30 2610 996520, 6599
Fax: +30 2610 996572
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Alexander C. Demetracopoulos was born in Kyparissia Messenias in 1952. He holds the Diploma of Civil Engineer from the School of Civil Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (1975). He is a licensed Civil Engineer in Greece. He also holds a M.Sc. in Civil Engineering (1977) and a Ph.D. (1981) from the University of Minnesota. He is Professor of Civil Engineering, since 1995, at the University of Patras.
He served as Assistant Professor (1980-1986) and Associate Professor (1986-1987) at Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, before joining the University of Patras where he served as Assistant Professor (1987-1990) and Associate Professor (1990-1995) prior to his election to the rank of Professor.
He has served as Chairman of the Department (1999 – 2003, 2007-2011 and 2013-2015) and as Dean of the School of Engineering (2003 - 2006).
He is the co-editor of the proceedings of five international conferences and has published over seventy papers in international journals and proceedings of international conferences (http://scholar.google.gr/citations?hl=en&oi=ao&user=-e9IeCQAAAAJ
). He has also written approximately twenty five technical reports and has prepared instruction books for the courses he teaches at the University of Patras. He has been principal or co-principal investigator for a number of funded research programs. He serves as reviewer for several scientific journals and is member of national and international scientific societies and committees.
His principal research interests lie in the areas of environmental hydraulics and computational hydraulics, as well as in the field of flow and mass transport in aquifers and through sanitary landfills.
the CV of Prof. A. Demetracopoulos.
- Koutrouveli Th. I., Dimas A. A., Fourniotis N. Th. and Demetracopoulos A.C., “Groyne spacing role on the effective control of wall shear stress in open-channel flow”, J. of Hydraulic Res., IAHR, Vol. 57, No. 2 (2019), pp. 167-182, DOI:10.1080/00221686.2018.1478895
- Yannopoulos P.C., and Demetracopoulos A.C., “A Novel Methodology for Multiple-Year Regulation of Reservoir Active Storage Capacity”, Water 2018, 10 (9), 1254; doi:10.3390/w10091254, www.mdpi.com/journal/water
- Koutrouveli Th.I., Fourniotis N.Th., Demetracopoulos A.C., Dimas A.A. (2014). “Numerical simulation of turbulent flow in open channel with groynes”, Intl. Conf. Fluvial Hydraulics, "River Flow 2014", A. Schleiss et al. (Eds.)
- Σωτηρόπουλος Δ.Α., Δήμας Α.Α., Χορς Γ.Μ., Γιαννόπουλος Π.Χ., Φουρνιώτης Ν.Θ. και Δημητρακόπουλος Α.Κ., «Πειραματική Μελέτη Αποτελεσματικότητας Διατάξεων Καταστροφής Ενέργειας σε Ανοικτό Αγωγό Απότομης Κλίσης», Υδροτεχνικά, τ. 19 (2010), σελ. 47-58
- Galani K.A., Fourniotis N.Th., Demetracopoulos A.C., Dimas A.A., «Three-dimensional turbulent flow over bed dunes of finite width», Proc. 6th Inl. Symposium Environmental Hydraulics, Vol. 2, G.C. Christodoulou and A.I. Stamou (eds.), CRC Press, Athens, Greece, 23-25 June, 2010
- Dimas A.A., Fourniotis N.Th., Vouros A.P., Demetracopoulos A.C.,“Effect of bed dunes on spatial development of open-channel flow”, J. Hydraulic Res., IAHR, Vol. 46, No. 6 (2008), pp. 802–813
- Yannopoulos P.C., Demetracopoulos A.C. and Hadjitheodorou C., «Quick Method for Open - Channel Discharge Measurements Using Air Bubbles”, J. Hydr. Eng., ASCE, Vol. 134, No. 6, June 2008
- Mirbagheri S.A. et al., "Leachate production from landfilled municipal waste: Boone county field site in municipal solid waste, land disposal", J. Applied Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 274-292, 2007
- Eshiet K.I. et al., "A new numerical method for contaminant transport in unsaturated soils", J. Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 24-26, 2001