Telephone: +30 2610 996539, 6591
Fax: +30 2610 996575
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Prof. S. E. Dritsos was born in Patras, Greece in 1951. He holds a Diploma in Civil Engineering from the Technical University of Athens and a PhD from the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras. Since 2007, he has been a Professor of the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras, where he has served since 1978. In the period 2011-13, he has been the Vice Head of the Department. He is the Chairman of the Scientific Committee and a Board Member of the European Centre on Prevention and Forecasting of Earthquakes and a Board Member of the Earthquake Planning and Protection Organization (EPPO) (2010-todate). Prof. Dritsos is the Chairman of the Team for Internal Assessment at the Department of Civil Engineering at University of Patras and the Departmental coordinator of the European Educational and Training Programmes: (a) European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and (b) European Civil Engineering Education and Training Association (EUCEET
). In the past, he has worked as Visiting Academic at the University of Sheffield (1991-92 and 1995-96) and taught in the Department of Infrastructure Works at the Technological Institute of Patras (1978-1992) and he worked as a professional specializing in the seismic design and redesign of Concrete Structures. During the winter semester of the academic year 2013-14 he will participate in the MSc Course Structural Design of the Dept. of Structural Engineering and Natural Hazards, of the University Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Wien, teaching the subject of Earthquake Engineering. His main research interests focus in the area of the Seismic Resistance of Existing Structures and the Re-design of Structures with an emphasis on pre- and post- earthquake interventions in reinforced concrete structures.
Prof. Dritsos is the author of a book on the Retrofitting of Reinforced Concrete Structures and of educational material for the Greek Open University in the subject of “Seismic damage – Repair of Structures”. He has edited the proceedings of 19 student conferences
in the area of Repair of Structures and he has published 138 articles in International and Greek journals and proceedings of Greek and International Conferences (Google Scholar profile
). He has given more than 130 invited lectures in Greece and abroad, on issues relating to the Seismic Damage and Retrofitting of Structures.
Prof. Dritsos is a member of fib, IABSE (Fellow), the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering, IABSE Hellenic Group (Vice President), the Technical Chamber of Greece, the Greek Society of Civil Engineering, the Hellenic Society for Earthquake Engineering, the Hellenic Scientific Organization for Concrete Research and was also a member of RILEM (Senior Member), ACI, PCI and the Concrete Bridge Development Group.
He is a member of the following International and National Committees and Workgroups on issues related to Earthquake Resistant Structures: Scientific Committee of European Centre on Prevention and Forecasting of Earthquakes (Chairman), IABSE Working Group WG7: Earthquake Resistant Structures, (Chairman), fib Task Group: Retrofitting and Repair of Precast Structures in Seismic Areas, International Scientific Committee on the Analysis and Restoration of Structures of Architectural Heritage (ISCARSAH of ICOMOS), fib TG 6.10: Precast Concrete Buildings in Seismic Areas - Practical Aspects, Earthquake Planning and Protection Organization (EPPO), Committee for the Assessment and Retrofitting Code of Masonry Structures, (chairman), the Earthquake Planning and Protection Organization (EPPO), Committees for the Support and the Revision of the Greek Code of Structural Interventions, GCSI, (chairman) and he was a member of more than 15 other committees.
View the full CV of Prof. S. E. Dritsos here
- D. MALLICK, S. DRITSOS and D. SONDA (2013), “Construction and Strengthening of Non-Engineered Buildings in Developing Seismic Prone Countries” Structural Engineering International, Journal of the International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE), Vol. 23, pp. 225-228.
- S. DRITSOS and V. MOSELEY (2013), “A Fuzzy Logic Rapid Visual Screening Proceedure to Identify Buildings at Risk” Werkstoffe und Konstruktionen: Innovative Ansätze, Ernst and Sohn, Berlin, pp. 136-143.
- O. TSIOULOU, A. LAMROPOULOS, and S. DRITSOS (2012), “Experimental Investigation of Interface Behaviour or RC Beams Strengthened with Concrete Layers”, Construction and Building Materials Journal, Vol. 40, pp. 50-59.
- A. LAMROPOULOS, O. TSIOULOU and S. DRITSOS (2012), “Biaxial Stress State due to Restrained Shrinkage in Concrete Jackets of Strengthened Columns”, ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 109(3), pp. 331-340.
- A. LAMROPOULOS, O. TSIOULOU and S. DRITSOS (2011), “Monolithic Coefficient Values for Design when Seismically Strengthening RC Columns with Jackets”, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 16(7), pp. 1023-1042.
- A. LAMPROPOULOS and S. DRITSOS (2011), “Modeling of RC Columns Strengthened with RC Jackets”, Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol.40 (15) , pp. 1689-1705.
- O. TSIOULOU and S. DRITSOS (2011), “Α Theoretical Model to Predict Interface Slip due to Bending”, RILEM – Materials and Structures, Vol. 44(4), pp. 825-843.
- A. LAMPROPOULOS and S. DRITSOS (2011), “Concrete Shrinkage Effect on the Behavior of RC Columns under Monotonic and Cyclic Loading”, ELSEVIER – Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 25(4), pp. 1596-1602.
- A. LAMPROPOULOS and S. DRITSOS (2010), “Concrete Shrinkage Effect on Columns Strengthened with Concrete Jackets”, IABSE – Structural Engineering International, Vol. 20, No 3, pp. 234-239.
- G. SIAHOS and S. DRITSOS (2010), “Procedural Assumption Comparison for Old Buildings Via Pushover Analysis Including the ASCE 41 Update”, Earthquake Spectra, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, Vol.26, No(1).