Telephone: +30 2610 996535, 6534
Fax: +30 2610 996573
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Ioannis Manariotis holds a Diploma in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras (1990), and received a Doctorate Diploma in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras (2000). He is Assistant Professor (since 2013) in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras.
He was employed as an Environmental Engineer (2001-2009) by Western Greece Region, as Adjunct Lecturer (2001-2008) in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras, and as Lecturer (2009-2013) in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Patras.
Dr. Manariotis is the author (Scopus Author ID 6506601790) of 39 peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals, 1 chapter in refereed book, and 60 articles in conference proceedings publications. He has participated in 10 research projects funded be the European Union and national funds, and he is principal investigator of 1 research project. He has served as reviewer for 30 international scientific journals, and he is member of international and Greek scientific organizations and associations.
His main research interests are in the areas of environmental engineering with emphasis on biological wastewater treatment, wastewater treatment by microalgae for energy and biofuel production, impact of nanoparticles on microalgae, physicochemical processes, and advanced oxidation processes.
View here the CV
of Ioannis Manariotis
- Aravantinou, A.F., Theodorakopoulos, M.A., and Manariotis, I.D. (2013). "Selection of Microalgae for Wastewater Treatment and Potential Lipids Production."Bioresource Technology, 147, 130-134. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2013.08.024
- Anagnostopoulos, V.A., Manariotis, I.D., Karapanagioti, H.K. and Chrysikopoulos, C.V. (2012). "Removal of Mercury from Aqueous Solutions by Malt Spent Rootlets."Chemical Engineering Journal, 213, 135-141. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2012.09.074
- Yiannopoulos, A.C., Manariotis, I.D. and Chrysikopoulos, K.V. (2008). "Design and Analysis of a Solar Reactor for Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment." Bioresource Technology, 99 (16), 7742-7749, doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2008.01.067.
- Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G.(2006)."Municipal Wastewater Treatment Using Upflow Anaerobic Filters." Water Environment Research, 78 (3), 233-242, doi:10.2175/106143005X90029.
- Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G.(2006). "Anaerobic Filter Treatment of Municipal Wastewater: Biosolids Behavior." Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE), 132(1), 23-31, doi:10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(2006)132:1(23).
- Hiras, D.N., Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G. (2004). "Organic and Nitrogen Removal in a Two-Stage Rotating Biological Contactor Treating Municipal Wastewater." Bioresource Technology, 93 (1), 91-98, doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2003.06.005.
- Manariotis, I.D. and Grigoropoulos, S.G. (2002). "Low-Strength Wastewater Treatment Using an Anaerobic Baffled Reactor." Water Environment Research, 74 (2), 170-176, doi:10.2175/106143002X139884.