Telephone: +30 2610 996561
Fax: +30 2610 996155
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
was born in Athens (1973). She received the Diploma in Civil Engineering (1996) and the Ph.D. degree (2002) from the University of Patras. Since June 2004 she serves as a Lecturer of the Civil Engineering Department at the University of Patras, being part of the Structural Materials Laboratory staff.
During her PhD studies she had the opportunity of acquiring a brief professional experience through the supervision of the Rion-Antirion Bridge construction project, as a Materials Engineer. For the 2002-2003 academic period she worked as a part-time instructor, responsible for the teaching of the laboratory exercises in three undergraduate courses: Introduction to the Mechanics of Materials, Mechanics of Materials, Structural Materials.
As of March 2003 and for a period of one year she held a contract as Post-Doctoral Fellow at the European Laboratory for Structural Assessment (ELSA) of the Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC) that operates at the Joint Research Centre (JRC), located in Ispra, Italy. Her fellowship was provided by the European Committee within the framework of the project: “Joint Research Centre Training through Research”.
Her main research interests are focused on experimental mechanics of structural materials (with emphasis on high-performance concrete, such as self-compacting and lightweight aggregate concrete), on the mechanical behaviour of textile reinforced concrete members and on the optimum design of advanced prefabrication systems.
- Triantafillou, T. and Papanicolaou, C. (2013), “Innovative Applications of Textile-Based Composites in Strengthening and Seismic Retrofitting as Well as in the Prefabrication of New Structures”, Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 639-640, pp. 26-41.
- Valluzzi, M.R.; Oliveira, D.V.; Caratelli, A.; Castori, G.; Corradi, M.; de Felice, G.; Garbin, E.; Garcia, D.; Garmendia, L.; Grande, E.; Ianniruberto, U.; Kwiecien, A.; Leone, M.; Lignola, G.P.; Lourenco, P.B.; Malena, M.; Micelli, F.; Panizza, M.; Papanicolaou C.G.; Prota, A.; Sacco, E.; Triantafillou, T.C.; Viskovic, A.; Zajac, B. and Zuccarino, G. (2012), “Round Robin Test for composite-to-brick shear bond characterization”, Materials and Structures, Vol. 45, Iss. 12, pp 1761-1791.
- Papanicolaou, C.G. and Kaffetzakis, M.I. (2011) "Lightweight Aggregate Self-Compacting Concrete: State-of-the-Art & Pumice Application", Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, Vol. 9, No. 1, 15-29.
- Papanicolaou, C.; Triantafillou, T. and Lekka, M. (2011): "Externally Bonded Grids as Strengthening and Seismic Retrofitting Materials of Masonry Panels", Construction and Building Materials 25 (2011), 504-514.
- Papanicolaou, C. G. and Papantoniou, I. C., (2010), "Mechanical Behavior of Textile Reinforced Concrete (TRC) / Concrete Composite Elements", Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, Vol. 8 No. 1, 35-47.