Telephone: +30 2610 962564
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras, 265 00 Patras, Greece
Dr. Eugenia N. Petropoulou was born in Athens (1975). Her degrees include: B. Sc. in Mathematics (1997) (with specialization in Applied Analysis and Mathematical Physice), M. Sc.in applied Mathematics (1999) and Ph. D. in difference equations (2002) all from the Department of Mathematics, University of Patras, Greece. She became lecturer at the Department of Engineering Sciences of the Univeristy of Patras on 2002 and currently, she is an associate professor at the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras.
She is author or co-author (Google Scholar Profile
) of 30 research papers in international scientific journals with a referee procedure, 1 research paper in the proceedings of an international conference with a referee procedure and 10 papers in special volumes and proceedings of national or international scientific conferences. She is co-author of university notes, two books and alternative educational material in the form of hypertext and webcast for courses that she had taught for the University of Patras as well as the Hellenic Open University. She is editor of one ebook of the Bentham eBooks publisher and co-editor of the proceedings of one international conference. She was awarded (jointly with Professor P. D. Siafarikas) the F. Palla Award 2003 from the Academy of Athens, for the best 2003 paper in Mathematical Analysis. She has served as a referee for 22 international scientific journals and for 2 ebooks for Bentham eBooks. She is also a member of the editorial board of the “International Journal of Difference Equations”.
Her research interests are in the areas of: Differential Equations, Difference Equations, Special Functions and Orthogonal Polynomials, Functional Equations and Operator Theory.
the personal webpage of Eugenia Petropoulou.
- E. N. Petropoulou, On some difference equations with exponential nonlinearity, Discrete Contin. Dynam. Systems Ser. B, Vol. 22 (7) (2017), 2587-2594.
- C. G. Kokologiannaki, E. N. Petropoulou and D. Rizos, Tridiagonal operators and zeros of polynomials in two variables, Abstr. Appl. Anal., Vol. 2016, Article ID 6301413, 8 pages (2016).
- E. N. Petropoulou, Analytic solutions of a class of nonlinear partial differential equations, Electron. J. Differential Equations, 2015 (2015), No. 201, 1--18.
- E. N. Petropoulou and L. Velazquez, Self-adjointness of unbounded tridiagonal operators and spectra of their finite truncations, J. Math. Anal. Appl., Vol. 420 (2014), 852-872.
- C. G. Kokologiannaki and E. N. Petropoulou, On the zeros of , Integral Transform. Spec. Funct., Vol. 24 (7) (2013), 540-547.
- E. N. Petropoulou, On the complex zeros of some families of orthogonal polynomials, Abstr. Appl. Anal., Vol. 2010, Article ID 263860, 14 pages (2010).
- E. N. Petropoulou, P. D. Siafarikas and E. E. Tzirtzilakis, A “discretization” technique for the solution of ODEs II, Numer. Funct. Anal. Optim., Vol. 30 (5-6) (2009) 613-631.
- E. N. Petropoulou, P. D. Siafarikas and E. E. Tzirtzilakis, A ”discretization” technique for the solution of ODEs, J. Math. Anal. Appl., Vol. 331 (2007) 279–296.
- E. N. Petropoulou and P. D. Siafarikas, Existence of complex solutions of linear delay systems of difference equations, J. Differ. Equat. Appl.11 (1) (2005), 49-62.
- E. N. Petropoulou, P. D. Siafarikas and I. D. Stabolas, On the common zeros of Bessel functions, J. Comput. Appl. Math. Vol. 153, No. 1-2 (2003), 387-393