Stathis Stiros (Dipl. Eng. in Surveying, National Polytechnic Univ. Athens, PhD Geology, Univ. of Athens) has worked between 1979-1997 as surveyor and researcher in Engineering Geology and Geodynamics in the Institute of Geology and Mineral Exploration (Athens Greece) and since 1997 he is with the Laboratory of Geodesy and Geodetic Applications, Dept. of Civil Engineering, currently as professor.
His research interests cover various applications of Engineering Geodesy (monitoring and analysis of deformations of the ground and of underground excavations, of static and dynamic movements of structures/Structural Health Monitoring), metrology and accuracy of geodetic instruments, including 100Hz GNSS-GPS), measurements, analysis and interpretation of tectonic/seismic and volcanic ground deformation, palaeoseismology and archaeoseismology, ancient technology, coastal changes, etc., smart infrastructure based on geodetic methods, signal analysis and solution of highly non-linear inverse problems.
He is the author of >100 research articles listed in SCOPUS, has participated in various international and national research projects, some supported by leading companies. He has served as reviewer in more than 50 international journals and as guestco-editor in 6 international journals.
Details in the Lab website: http://www.geodesylab.civil.upatras.gr/
- Stiros S, Psimoulis, P, Moschas F., Saltogianni, V., Tsantopoulos E. and Triantafyllidis, P., 2019. Multi-sensor measurement of dynamic deflections and structural health monitoring of flexible and stiff bridges, Bridge Structures, 15, 43-51, doi:10.3233/BRS-190152
- Moschas, F., Stiros, S., 2019. Experimental evaluation of the performance of arrays of MEMS accelerometers, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 116, 933-942, doi: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2018.07.031
- Stiros, S., Pytharouli, S. 2018. Interpretations of Reservoir-Induced Seismicity May Not Always Be Valid: The Case of Seismicity during the Impoundment of the Kremasta Dam (Greece, 1965–1966), Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 108, 3005–3015, doi: 10.1785/0120170359
- Stamati, A.-V., Stiros, S., 2018. Destruction layers, urban evolution and earthquakes in Roman Patras (Greece), Geoarchaeology, 33, 13-23, doi: 10.1002/gea.21583
- Saltogianni, V., Taymaz, T., Yolsal-Çevikbilen, S., Eken, T., Moschas, F., Stiros, S., 2017. Fault model for the 2015 Leucas (Aegean Arc) earthquake: Analysis based on seismological and geodetic observations, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 107, 433–444, doi:10.1785/0120160080
- Saltogianni, V., Gianniou, M., Moschas, F., Stiros, S., 2016. Pattern of dynamic displacements in a strike slip earthquake, Geophysical Research Letters, 43, doi: 10.1002/2016GL069507
- Moschas, F., Mouzoulas, D., Stiros, S., 2015. Phase errors in accelerometer arrays: an analysis based on collocated sensors and FEM, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 78, 32-45, 10.1016/j.soildyn.2015.07.001
- Saltogianni, V., Gianniou, M., Taymaz, T., Yolsal-Çevikbilen, S., Stiros, S., 2015. Fault-Slip Source Models for the 2014 Mw 6.9 Samothraki-Gökçeada Earthquake (North Aegean Trough) Combining Geodetic and Seismological Observations, Journal of Geophysical Research (Solid Earth), 120(12), doi:10.1002/2015JB012052
- Moschas, F, Stiros, S. 2015. Dynamic deflections of a stiff footbridge using 100Hz GNSS and accelerometer data. Journal of Surveying Engineering (ASCE), 141(4), http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)SU.1943-5428.0000146
- Saltogianni, V., Stiros, S., Newman, A., Flanagan, K., Moschas, F, 2014. Time-space modeling of the dynamics of Santorini volcano (Greece) during the 2011-2012 unrest, Journal of Geophysical Research (Solid Earth) 119, 8517–8537, doi:10.1002/2014JB011409