2610-997781, 2610-996527, 2610996522
Panayotis C. Yannopoulos was born at Vounargon of Ileias Prefecture (1953). He has the Diploma of the Faculty of Civil Engineers of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) (1976) and the Doctorate Degree from the NTUA (1985). He was elected Lecturer at the Department of the Civil Engineering of the University of Patras (1989), Assistant Professor (1993), Associate Professor (2008) and Professor (2014) at the above Department. He retired at 31/08/2020 and has been conferred him the title of Emeritus Professor.
He served his military service at the Hellenic Airforce as a Second Lieutenant (1976-1979). He has conducted free profession in Civil Engineering consulting (1976-1993), as a Technical Examiner of the Technical Chamber of Greece (1980) and as a Consultant of Public Works, Category No. 13 “Hydraulic Engineering”-Certificate for class Β΄ studies (1981-1993).
He has been employed as a Researcher in the Chair of Theoretical and Applied Hydraulics of the School of Civil Engineering of the NTU (1979-1981 and 1985), as a Visiting Research Assistant of the Civil Engineering Department of the University of Birmingham (1986-1987) and as a Post-Doc Researcher at the Division of Water Resources, Hydraulic and Maritime Engineering of the School of Civil Engineering of the NTU (1988).
He served as a Director of the Environmental Engineering Laboratory (2014-2020), responsible for the area of Air Pollution (1989-2020) and as a Coordinator of the University Network “HYDROCRITES” (2009-2021).
He is a co-editor of 4 Congress and Abstract Proceedings and he is the author or co-author of over than 45 papers in international scientific journals (Google Scholar profile) and over than 150 conferences proceedings, 1 monography, 1 book in English, 18 chapters in books, 6 University teaching books, 7 technical reports and 7 classroom notes. Finally, he was the Principal Investigator of 6 financed scientific projects and 21 scientific projects without any external economic resources, while he was a team member in 29 scientific projects. He has been awarded twice for the best Poster presentation at International Conferences.
His research work includes the areas of transport-diffusion-dispersion of pollutants in atmospheric and aquatic environments, design of pollutant disposal systems, quality measurements, flowrate measurement methodologies and optimization of water resource management in watersheds. He has supervised 4 doctoral dissertations, 38 MSc. theses and about 90 theses. He has reviewed many articles in various international and Greek journals and conferences, scientific books, and research proposals.
- Bloutsos A.A. & Yannopoulos P.C. (2022). Room air-conditioning operating as a filling box.Processes, 10, 213. https://doi.org/10.3390/pr10020213. Feature paper in Processes MDPI.
- Dimara E.N., Yiannopoulos A.Ch., Yannopoulos P.Ch. (2022). “Experimental Investigation and Simulation of Water Cooling by Natural Evaporation”, Progr. & Sust. Energy, 11 p. https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.13803.
- Bloutsos A.A. & Yannopoulos P.C. (2022). “Mean flow and mixing properties of vertical round turbulent buoyant jet in a weak crosscurrent”, Environmental Processes. Published Online 09.05.2022, 20 p. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40710-022-00582-y.
- Bekri E.S., Economou P., Yannopoulos P.C. and Demetracopoulos A.C. (2021). Reassessing existing reservoir supply capacity and management resilience under climate change and sediment deposition. Water 13(13), 1819; https://doi.org/10.3390/w13131819.
- Kosmopoulos G., Salamalikis V., Pandis S. N., Yannopoulos P., Bloutsos A.A., Kazantzidis A. (2020). “Low-cost sensors for measuring airborne particulate matter: field evaluation and calibration at a South-Eastern European site”. Science of the Total Environment 748, 141396, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.141396.
- Bloutsos, A.A. and Yannopoulos, P.C. (2020). “Revisiting Mean Flow and Mixing Properties of Negatively Round Buoyant Jets Using the Escaping Mass Approach (EMA)”. Fluids 5(3), 131; doi:10.3390/fluids5030131.
- Bekri E.S., Yannopoulos P.C. & Economou P. (2019). “Methodology for reliability improvement of river discharge measurements”. Journal of Environmental Management 247, 371–384.
- Yannopoulos P.C. & Demetracopoulos A.C. (2018). “A Novel Methodology for Multiple – Year Regulation of Reservoir Active Storage Capacity”. Water, 10(9), 1254; doi: 10.3390/w10091254.
- Yannopoulos P.C. (2017). “Unique superposition solution of multiple plumes’ flow via mean kinetic energy fluxes”. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE 143(9): 06017015-1-7. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE) HY.1943-7900.0001361.
- Podimata M.V. & Yannopoulos P.C. (2017). “A road map for resolving conflicts in dam’s administration: The case of Peiros – Parapeiros dam in Greece”. European Water 60: 415-421, 2017.
- Podimata M. & Yannopoulos P.C. (2016). “A conceptual approach to model sand-gravel extraction from rivers based on a game theory perspective”. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, 59:1, 120-141, DOI: 10.1080/09640568.2014.991381
- Bekri E.S., Disse M. & Yannopoulos P.C. (2015). “Optimizing water allocation under uncertain system conditions in Alfeios river basin (Greece)-Part A: Two-stage stochastic programming model with deterministic-boundary intervals”. Water 7: 5305-5344; -Part B: Fuzzy-boundary intervals combined with multi-stage stochastic programming model”. Water 7: 6427-6466 .
- Yannopoulos P.C. (2014). “A cost-effective methodology for spatial concentration distributions of urban air pollutants”. Water Air Soil Pollut 225(7): 1-25.
- Yannopoulos P.C. (2012). “Unique superposition solutions of multiple plane or round buoyant jets for tracer and buoyancy fluxes”. Journal of Environmental Engineering (ASCE) 138(9): 985–989.
- Yannopoulos P.C. & Bloutsos A.A. (2012). “Escaping Mass Approach for Inclined Plane and Round Buoyant Jets”. of Fluid Mech. 695: 81-111.
- Bloutsos A.A. & Yannopoulos P.C. (2011). “Concentrations of Selected Toxic Elements in Airborne Particulates of Patras, Greece”, Global NEST Journal 13(2): 109-118.
- Yannopoulos P.C. (2010). “Advanced integral model for groups of interacting round turbulent buoyant jets”. Environ Fluid Mech, 10(4): 415-450.
- Yannopoulos P.C., Demetracopoulos A.C. & Hadjitheodorou Ch. (2008). “Quick Method for Open Channel Discharge Measurements Using Air Bubbles”, Journal of Hydr. Engineering (ASCE), Vol. 134(6): 843-846.
- Yannopoulos P.C. (2006). “An improved integral model for plane and round turbulent buoyant jets”, of Fluid Mech. 547: 267-296.
- Manariotis, I.D., Yannopoulos, P.C. (2004). “Adverse Effects on Alfeios River Basin and an Integrated Management Framework Based on Sustainability”, Environmental Management, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 261-269.