1. Wave energy, power and radiation stresses.
2. Wave setup and runup.
3. Irregular waves: spectra and coastal processes.
4. Wave-generated currents.
5. Coastal sediment transport.
6. Coastal morphodynamics.
7. Coastal protection works.
8. Numerical methodologies in coastal engineering.
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
YES (teaching material in Greek, lectures and exam in English)
Desired learning outcomes:
1. Basic principles of irregular wave action in the coastal zone including shoaling, breaking, setup, runup, refraction, diffraction, reflection and transmission.
2. Spectral analysis and prediction of irregular wind waves.
3. Basic principles of coastal currents and longshore sediment transport.
Specific knowledge and competences:
1. Knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to the action of wind waves in the coastal zone.
2. Application of such knowledge in analysis of wind data and computation of wave data.
3. Computation of longshore sediment transport and assessment of coastal erosion potential.