2. Flow rate and wastewater characteristics.
3. Site selection.
4. Stabilization ponds overview, anaerobic ponds, anaerobic reactors, facultative ponds, maturation ponds, filters, constructed wetlands.
5. Land treatment systems.
6. Source separating systems.
7. Wastewater disposal and reuse.
8. Biomass valorization.
NATURAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT SYSTEMS
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
YES (In English)
|This course aims to provide students with a strong background in low-cost technologies for the treatment, disposal and reuse of wastewater in small population communities in peri-urban and rural areas.
At the end of this course the student should be able to:
· Understand the basic physicochemical and biological processes in natural treatment systems.
· Know the design principles of low-cost natural treatment systems (stabilization ponds; filters; constructed wetlands; land systems).
· Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the various systems.
· Have a comprehensive understanding and critical awareness of engineering topics related to the sustainable management of wastewater.