Maria Favvata was born in Kalamata, Greece, in 1976. She received the Dipl.-Eng. degree in Civil Engineering (1999), the MSc in Structural Engineering (2001) and the Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering (2006) from the Department of Civil Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
In the period 2005-2010, she was a member of the teaching group (external collaborator with the Academic rank of Lecturer) of undergraduate courses in the field of Structural Analysis in the Department of Architectural Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece. In 2009 she was elected in the Academic rank of Lecturer at the Department of Civil Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece and from 2014 to 2017 she served the same Department as an Assistant Professor.
In 2017 she joined the Civil Engineering Department, University of Patras, Greece, where she is currently an Assistant Professor.
She has been supervising 29 diploma theses and post-graduated theses. She is the supervisor of two PhD theses, a member of the advisory committee of two PhD theses and a member of the 7-member examination committees of two PhD (completed). She has participated in ten research projects as a member of the teams, while she was/is a scientist in charge in four research project.
Her primary research activity is in the field of the seismic response and performance of structures; analysis, modeling and seismic design, capacity assessment, seismic risk assessment, development of inelastic behavioral models, global and local damage indexes, pounding problems between adjacent structures, beam-column RC joints inelastic responses (damages), morphological problems, masonry infills, damage detection techniques based on the coupling properties of the piezoelectric materials.
She is the author or co-author of 15 papers published in international journals, 21 articles in conference proceedings (1 Keynote addressed και 2 Invited addressed) and 1 book chapter, while her published work has been referred by more than 588 papers, h-index 12.
She has been a reviewer for 11 International Scientific Journals (Outstanding Reviewer Award 2016 of Engineering Structures, Elsevier) and a member in scientific committees. She is a member of the Technical Chamber of Greece.
- M.G. Flenga, M.J. Favvata (2021), “Probabilistic seismic assessment of the pounding risk based on the local demands of a multistory RC frame structure”, Journal Engineering Structures 245, 112789.
- M.G. Flenga, M.J. Favvata (2021), “Fragility curves and probabilistic seismic demand models on the seismic assessment of RC frames subjected to structural pounding”, Applied Sciences 11 (17), 8253.
- M.J. Favvata (2018), “Ιnfluence of infills on the seismic behaviour of a six storey RC frame at different levels of demand”, Proceedings of the 16th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering (16ECEE), Thessaloniki, Greece, 18-21 June.
- M.J. Favvata (2017), “Minimum required separation gap for adjacent RC frames with potential inter-story seismic pounding” Journal Engineering Structures, Vol. 152, 643-659.
- M.J. Favvata (2015), “Interaction of adjacent multistory RC frames at significant damage and near collapse limit states”, 10th International Conference on Earthquake Resistant Engineering Structures (ERES 2015), Opatija, Croatia, June-July. WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, 152, 47-59.
- M.J. Favvata, C.G. Karayannis (2014), “Influence of pinching effect of exterior joints on the seismic behavior of RC frames”, Journal Earthquake and Structures, Vol. 6, No.1, 89-110.
- M.J. Favvata, M.C. Naoum, C.G. Karayannis (2013), “Limit States of RC structures with first floor Irregularities”, Journal Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 47, No. 6, 791-818.
- C.G. Karayannis, M.J. Favvata, D.J. Kakaletsis (2011), “Seismic behaviour of infilled and pilotis RC frame structures with beam–column joint degradation effect”, Journal Engineering Structures, Vol. 33, No.10, 2821-2831.
- M.J. Favvata, B.A. Izzuddin, C.G. Karayannis (2008), “Modelling exterior beam-column joints for seismic analysis of RC frame structures”, Journal Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 37, No. 13, 1527-1548.
- C.G. Karayannis, M.J. Favvata (2005), “Inter – story Pounding between Multistory Reinforced Concrete Structures”, Journal Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 20, No. 5, 505-526.
- C.G. Karayannis, M.J. Favvata (2005), “Earthquake induced interaction between adjacent Reinforced Concrete structures with non-equal heights”, Journal Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 34, No. 1, 1-20.
- Τεχνική Μηχανική – Στατική
- ΑΝΑΛΥΣΗ ΓΡΑΜΜΙΚΩΝ ΦΟΡΕΩΝ ΜΕ ΜΗΤΡΩΑ
- ΑΝΑΛΥΣΗ ΚΑΤΑΣΚΕΥΩΝ ΜΕ ΤΗ ΜΕΘΟΔΟ ΤΩΝ ΠΕΠΕΡΑΣΜΕΝΩΝ ΣΤΟΙΧΕΙΩΝ
- ΑΝΑΛΥΣΗ ΓΡΑΜΜΙΚΩΝ ΦΟΡΕΩΝ