- Elements of vector algebra [Systems of Reference – Cartesian; Addition and Subtraction of Vectors;
Vector Products: Scalar & Vector Products;
Definition of force and moment vectors [Moment w.r.t. a point and w.r.t. an axis; couple of forces].
- Basic principles of statics.
- Equipollent sets of forces; reduction of sets of forces.
- Distributed force sets; center of mass; centroid; Pappus Theorems.
- Conditions of static Equilibrium of rigid (undeformable) bodies.
- Analysis of statically determinate trusses, beams and frames (including three-joint structures and Gerber beams).
- Determination of bending moment, shear force and axial force diagrams.
Depending on time availability: