STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS WITH THE FINITE ELEMENT METHOD
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
|Upon successful conclusion of this course, the students should be able to:
1. Perform efficient structural (stress) analysis of complex structures using appropriate numerical models.
2. Use commercially available software for static and dynamic analysis of structures.
3. Develop simple routines for the development of stiffness, mass and damping matrices of several finite element types.
4. Assess the accuracy of analyses performed with the Finite Element Method.
1. Identify appropriate model for a given structural system.
2. Assess the important structural characteristics for efficient modeling.
3. Efficient simulation of complicated/skewed geometries.
4. Handle efficiently any type of loads including seismic actions.
5. Interpret outputs of commercial software.