Mrs. Papanicolaou holds a Diploma and a Ph.D. Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Patras. As of March 2003 and for a period of one year she held a contract as Post-Doctoral Fellow at the European Laboratory for Structural Assessment of the Joint Research Centre, Ispra. From 2004 to 2010 she served as a Lecturer at the Civil Engineering Dept., University of Patras and henceforth as an Assistant Professor at the same Department (part of the Structural Materials Lab staff).
She is co-author of one special publication of the European Committee (EUR – Scientific and Technical Research Reports), author/co-author of 3 Book Chapters, 29 Papers in Refereed Scientific Journals, 42 Papers in International Conference Proceedings (refereed; 3 keynote): 16 Papers in National Conference Proceedings (refereed), 8 Technical Recommendations for the Society of Greek Civil Engineers and > 70 Scientific & Technical Reports. She has been an invited speaker to 13 workshops/seminars (inside and outside Greece) and a reviewer for 27 International Scientific Journals [Best Reviewer 2015 Award of Materials and Structures (RILEM)]. She has served as a Scientific Coordinator to 7 Research Projects and as a researcher to 13 others. She is a member of International and Greek Scientific Committees and Associations and the co-Chair of Rilem TC IMC “Durability of Inorganic Matrix Composites used for Strengthening of Masonry Constructions”.
Her main research interests are focused on experimental mechanics of structural materials (e.g. high- or special-performance concrete and lightweight concrete) under normal environmental conditions but also under detrimental ones, such as fire, on the mechanical behavior of inorganic matrix composites and on the optimum design of advanced prefabrication systems.
- Askouni, P.D., Papanicolaou, C.C.G. and Kaffetzakis, M.I., 2019. The Effect of Elevated Temperatures on the TRM-to-Masonry Bond: Comparison of Normal Weight and Lightweight Matrices. Applied Sciences, 9(10), p.2156.
- Askouni, P.D. and Papanicolaou, C.G. (2019), Textile Reinforced Mortar-to-masonry bond: Experimental investigation of bond-critical parameters. Construction and Building Materials, 207, pp.535-547.
- D’Antino, T. and Papanicolaou, C. (2018), “Comparison between different tensile test set-ups for the mechanical characterization of inorganic-based composites”, Construction and Building Materials, Volume 171, 20 May 2018, Pages 140–151.
- D’Antino, T. and Papanicolaou, C. (2017), “Mechanical characterization of textile reinforced inorganic-matrix composites”, Composites Part B, Vol. 127, pp. 78-91.
- Kaffetzakis, M.I. and Papanicolaou, C.G. (2016), “Bond behavior of reinforcement in Lightweight Aggregate Self-Compacting Concrete”, Construction and Building Materials, Volume 113, 15 June 2016, Pages 641-652.