- The microstructure of materials.
- Physical, thermal and mechanical properties of materials.
- Natural stones and their products.
- Hydraulic and air-hardening binders and mortars.
- Concrete: microstructure, constituents, strength, deformations, durability, mix design, fresh concrete.
- Steel and other metals: technological and mechanical properties, corrosion.
- Timber: technology, microstructure, mechanical properties, durability.
- Ceramics: physical and mechanical characteristics of clay bricks and other products.
- Masonry: mechanical behaviour, durability.
Polymers: basic properties, environmental effects, fiber reinforcement, cellular materials