Dr. Eugenia N. Petropoulou was born in Athens (1975). Her degrees include: B. Sc. in Mathematics (1997) (with specialization in Applied Analysis and Mathematical Physice), M. Sc.in applied Mathematics (1999) and Ph. D. in difference equations (2002) all from the Department of Mathematics, University of Patras, Greece. She became lecturer at the Department of Engineering Sciences of the Univeristy of Patras on 2002 and currently, she is an associate professor at the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Patras.
She is author or co-author (Google Scholar Profile) of more than 30 research papers in international scientific journals with a referee procedure, 1 research paper in the proceedings of an international conference with a referee procedure and 10 papers in special volumes and proceedings of national or international scientific conferences. She is author or co-author of university notes, three books and alternative educational material in the form of hypertext and webcast for courses that she had taught for the University of Patras as well as the Hellenic Open University. She is editor of one ebook of the Bentham eBooks publisher and co-editor of the proceedings of one international conference. She was awarded (jointly with Professor P. D. Siafarikas) the F. Palla Award 2003 from the Academy of Athens, for the best 2003 paper in Mathematical Analysis. . She has served as a reviewer for 2 electronic books, as well as for scientific papers included in the Mathematical Reviews of the American Mathematical Society and submitted for publication in various international scientific journals. She is also a member of the topics board of the journal “Symmetry” and a member of the editorial board of the journals ”Mathematical Problems in Engineering” and “International Journal of Modelling and Simulation”.
Her research interests are in the areas of: Differential Equations, Difference Equations, Special Functions and Orthogonal Polynomials, Functional Equations and Operator Theory.
View here the personal webpage of Eugenia Petropoulou
- Alam, G. Murtaza, E. N. Petropoulou, E. Em. Tzirtzilakis and M. Ferdows, Applications of a group theoretical method on biomagnetic fluid flow and heat transfer for different shapes of Fe3O4 magnetic particles under the influence of thermal radiation and a magnetic dipole over a cylinder, Mathematics, 10 (2022), 3520, doi.org/10.3390/math10193520} (43 pages).
- G. Efstathiou and E. N. Petropoulou, Peakon solutions of a b-Novikov equation, Appl. Math. Sci Eng., Vol. 30 (1) (2022), 541-553.
- G. Efstathiou and E. N. Petropoulou, Peakons of Novikov equation via the Homotopy Analysis Method, Symmetry 13 (2021), doi: 10.3390/ sym13050738} (11 pages).
- A. Xenos, E. N. Petropoulou, A. Siokis and U. S. Mahabaleswar, Solving the nonlinear boundary layer flow equations with pressure gradient and radiation, Symmetry 12 (2020), doi: 10.3390/sym12050710 (18 pages).
- N. Petropoulou, On some difference equations with exponential nonlinearity, Discrete Contin. Dynam. Systems Ser. B, Vol. 22 (7) (2017), 2587-2594.
- N. Petropoulou and L. Velazquez, Self-adjointness of unbounded tridiagonal operators and spectra of their finite truncations, J. Math. Anal. Appl., Vol. 420 (2014), 852-872.
- N. Petropoulou, On the complex zeros of some families of orthogonal polynomials, Abstr. Appl. Anal., Vol. 2010, Article ID 263860, 14 pages (2010).
- N. Petropoulou, P. D. Siafarikas and E. E. Tzirtzilakis, A “discretization” technique for the solution of ODEs II, Numer. Funct. Anal. Optim., Vol. 30 (5-6) (2009) 613-631.
- N. Petropoulou and P. D. Siafarikas, Existence of complex solutions of linear delay systems of difference equations, J. Differ. Equat. Appl. 11 (1) (2005), 49-62.
- N. Petropoulou, P. D. Siafarikas and I. D. Stabolas, On the common zeros of Bessel functions, J. Comput. Appl. Math. Vol. 153, No. 1-2 (2003), 387-393.