- Design of foundations: dimensioning and detailing of shallow foundations and foundation elements.
- Staircases: design and detailing, influence on the seismic response of the structure.
- Calculation and verification of deformations.
- Principles of seismic design: capacity design and ductility.
- Seismic design of reinforced concrete structures according to Eurocode 8.
DESIGN OF REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES
8th or 10th
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
At the end of the course, students will have knowledge of:
· design principles for foundation elements and staircases,
· serviceability limit states,
· principles of seismic design according to modern codes and Eurocode 8.
At the end of the course, students will have developed the following competencies:
· ability to design and detail foundation elements and staircases,
· ability to calculate and verify deformations,
· ability to apply the principles of seismic design.