|Groundwater in the hydrological cycle; Hydraulic properties of porous media (porosity, hydraulic conductivity); One-dimensional flow in confined, unconfined and leaky aquifers; Solution of the radially symmetric flow in different types of aquifers and pumping tests; Analysis of two-dimensional horizontal flow with analytical, graphical and numerical (finite difference) methods; Mechanisms of mass transport in porous media (advection, dispersion, sorption, decay); Analytical solution of the one-dimensional mass transport equation in porous media.|
8th or 10th
HORSCH GEORGIOS, KALERIS VASSILIS, LANGOUSIS ANDREAS
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
|– Parameters characterizing storage capacity and conductivity of porous materials
– Types of aquifers
– Equation of one-dimensional and two-dimensional flow in porous media.
– Radially symmetric flow to wells
– Analytical and graphical solutions of flow equation.
– Finite difference method for the solution of the two-dimensional flow equation.
– Mechanisms of mass transport in porous media