- Introduction to transportation systems analysis.
- Components of transportation systems analysis.
- Transportation demand. Elements of demand-supply equilibrium.
- Methodologies to collect and analyse transportation data.
- Transport demand generation.
- Transport demand distribution.
- Mode choice.
- Traffic assignment.
TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN I
8th or 10th
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
Greek. Teaching may be performed in English if foreign students attend the course.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Know the most important components of transportation systems analysis
2. Apply the principles of transportation theory to identify the most appropriate demand functions in transportation systems
3. Apply the principles of demand-supply equilibrium to identify the basic equilibrium states of transportation demand
4. Know and apply the 4-step transportation model.