|1. Concepts and challenges of digital / smart cities: from Smart towards Responsive Cities.
2. Good practices in smart city design and development.
3. Smart Grids and applications.
4. Introduction to Systems: Systems Thinking, Systems Analysis and System Dynamics.
5. Smart city architecture: The City as a ‘System of Systems’.
6. Case study: Development of a system dynamics model for smart city operation.
7. Risk management in complex systems, application in Smart Grids.
8. Introduction to Digital Twins technology.
9. Applications of Digital Twins in the built environment.
10. Applications of Digital Twins at a city-level.
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR DIGITAL AND SMART CITIES
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
|By the end of the course the student should be able to:
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the key challenges associated with smart city development.
· Design and develop interconnected patterns of smart city systems.
· Apply risk management principles and tools in complex systems.
· Analyze models for smart city development.
· Evaluate the role of Digital Twins at a building, infrastructure, or city operation level.
· Develop digital replicas of elements within the physical environment.