|· Recapitulation of selected topics from Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics.
· Experiment No 1: Impact of jets on plates.
· Experiment No 2: Open-channel flow-meters: Sharp-crested weirs.
· Experiment No 3: Orifice in a reservoir: coefficient of discharge and velocity. Jet trajectory.
· Experiment No 4: Energy losses in closed conduits.
· Experiment No 5: Flow in open channels and force on a sluice gate.
· Experiment No 6: Closed-conduit flow meters: Venturi and orifice meters.
· Introduction to drag and lift.
LABORATORY TOPICS IN HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
|Students are expected to develop the following skills:
1) Ability to perform simple experiments in Hydraulics
2) Ability to analyze experimental results and evaluate them through comparison with pertinent theories
3) Writing technical reports