| i. Introduction to transportation infrastructure life-cycle management
ii. Economics of transportation infrastructure projects, life cycle analysis, cost-benefit analysis
iii. Road pavement defects, triggering causes, monitoring methods
iv. Pavement condition evaluation, impact assessment on users and the environment
v. Pavement condition deterioration in time under traffic loading
vi. Maintenance and rehabilitation strategies for road pavements
vii. Defects, maintenance and rehabilitation treatments for bridges and road structures
viii. Prioritization of maintenance and rehabilitation needs, resource allocation optimization
ix. Traffic safety considerations in road maintenance and rehabilitation
x. Computerized pavement and bridge management systems
TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION and EXAMINATIONS||
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
· Identify the main defects of transportation infrastructure.
· Determine the main impacts of transportation infrastructure deterioration.
· Propose alternative maintenance and rehabilitation measures.
· Evaluate and propose optimal maintenance and rehabilitation strategies in a network level.
· Utilise software for optimizing life cycle maintenance and rehabilitation decisions.